I really thought I was doing a good job with this one. That is, until I finished, took a few steps back, and looked at critically.
The top opening of the pot is massively crooked. So, a couple of lessons out of this one…
I need to do an overall gesture sketch before diving into the details. Ellipses are especially hard for me to get right, so I need to focus on this.
I need to spend more time looking. Looking and comparing. And when I see discrepancies, I need to be OK with making adjustments.
Still, I like what I did on the handle, and I think I did a decent job capturing the varying textures.